Saturday 19 December 2015

So much to learn

One thing Im discovering is that not all real estate website providers even put the full MLS on your website. You would get a site, but only with your own listings. Even worse, to update it you have to sign in and update things yourself every time. That has helped rule out at least a few providers.

Real estate acronyms

MLS, CREA, IDX, DDF. More like A.R.G.G.!

A big hurdle for me is learning all the different shortcuts. Ive been taking notes, and 'DDF' is data document feed. Not exactly sure what that even means still. It seems like I want this, and it means I get everything on my website, and not just my own listings.

Another good one is 'IDX', which I heard from a fellow REALTOR before I got started. Thats 'internet document exchange' I believe. From what I can tell, this is the exact same thing as DDF, and means you get all the listings in your area on your website, and they can be searched. But I dont know why there needs to be two acronyms, and cant find any differences when I look online.

Am I wasting my time?

Maybe Im too frugal and want to understand too much? Im sure I could hand tons of money over to one of these big companies and get a website like magic. But Id rather know everything about whats going on, and make sure Im getting the best deal. Am I being crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment